The City of Brantford is a single-tier municipality with a growing community of over 100,000 located on the picturesque waters of the Grand River in southwestern Ontario. The Human Resources department has a staff complement of 17 individuals providing a broad range of services in a complex environment with 12 core bargaining units across the full spectrum of municipal service areas. There are approximately 1200 full-time, part-time, seasonal and contract employees.
- You will possess a degree or diploma in a related field and preferably hold a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation.
- Your minimum five years of progressively responsible human resources experience, ideally in the municipal sector, and extensive knowledge of HR fundamentals, combined with demonstrated leadership abilities within a complex unionized environment will be essential.
- You are committed to professionalism and teamwork; possess a comprehensive knowledge of contemporary human resource practices with a strong emphasis on customer service, communication and mentoring
- This position requires the incumbent to possess a “G” driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle to travel to various City facilities and other locations as a condition of employment.
WAGE RANGE: $75,171 to $93,964 per annum (based on 35 hour week) plus benefits
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at https://brantford.ca and click on Jobs and Volunteering and Current Opportunities.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, February 13, 2020, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Brantford is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 519-759-4150.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time13.02.2020 15:25