Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible to administer and manager the City of Timmins Human Resources Department and the day-to-day activities associated with the HR programs.
The successful incumbent will manage all aspects of HR including recruitment, pension and benefits, policy development and maintenance and will be required to implement proven HR processes and best practices. The position also requires that programs be established to help instill a culture
focused on employee relations and excellent labour relations. The successful incumbent will also be responsible for the administration of an HRIS system to help benchmark the goals and objectives of the organization in the area of attendance management, compensation, organizational development and continuous improvement strategies. This position will participate in and support the City’s Continuous Improvement Program (CIP) to identify improvements in the way we deliver services.
The successful applicant will possess:
- A degree or diploma in Human Resources combined with a minimum of 5 years Human Resources Management experience
- Proven Supervisory capabilities and experience in a fast paced work environment
- Excellent analytical, coaching, consensus building and decision-making skills
- Experience in a multi-union municipal sector environment
- Proven ability to lead and motivate within a diverse range of responsibilities
- Excellent computer skills with proven HRIS software experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and report writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable legislation, regulations and standards
- CHRP professional designation
- Fluency in both official languages
- Current and clear Criminal Record Check
SALARY LEVEL 108 – $81,481 – $97,752 (2019)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of September 13, 2019.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Floor, Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: email@example.com
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with
Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal
information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManager
- Experience6 - 10 Years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time13.09.2019 18:34
Related Jobs (1)
- Human Resources Associate Manager – Northumberland Countyon February 14, 2020Full Time