Located an hour east of Toronto, the thriving Southeastern Ontario community of Northumberland County has a rich history of agricultural production, world-class manufacturing, and economic viability. As the upper tier of municipal government, we weave together seven diverse yet complementary municipalities.
Currently, we are looking to fill the following existing vacancy:
Human Resources Associate Manager
Permanent, full-time position
Partnering with Managers, the Human Resources Associate Manager will support implementation of HR initiatives aligned to operational planning. You will also support the day to day HR needs of the organization ensuring that stages in the employee life cycle are documented and aligned to organizational strategy and best practices.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Acting as a business partner to the operational leadership by providing HR support to assigned departments in all areas of HR including recruitment and selection, performance management, on-boarding and training, compensation and termination;
- Recruiting new employees using proactive recruitment strategies and making recommendations for changes and improvements to recruitment practices ensuring regulatory compliance;
- Advising managers as needed on collective agreement provisions and assisting in responding to day to day issues within a union environment;
- Participating in conducting investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth;
- Assisting with employee recognition programs;
- Monitoring employee performance and advising managers on progressive discipline as needed;
- Organizing and participating at labour/management meetings, reviewing issues with the management team and providing input for resolutions;
- Leading the grievance process by attending all grievance meetings, preparing responses in the early steps, maintaining comprehensive records and tracking system.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources Management
- Certified Human Resources Leader designation
- Minimum of five years’ experience at a supervisory or professional level.
- Demonstrated experience in working with unionized employees and collective bargaining.
- Workplace investigation training
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Initiative is required for analysis of situations and problem solving. Judgement must be exercised in recommending or deciding upon the appropriate choices of action.
- Interprets and applies government legislation
- Adheres to operating manuals, departmental guidelines, County policies, procedures and collective agreements
- Conflict management, fact-finding, negotiation, mediation, facilitation skills
- Verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Time management skills in order to be able to effectively coordinate a number of projects simultaneously
- Flexible and adaptable
Qualifications & Skill:
The successful candidate will be required to submit a satisfactory criminal background check prior to the commencement of employment. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
When emailing your application, please indicate what source you found this posting in and please ensure your cover letter, résumé, and any other supporting documents are submitted in one file (preferably MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf)).
Please also indicate in your cover letter your preferred method of contact: text, email, or phone call.
We invite you to submit your application by 4:30pm on Friday, February 28th, 2020 to:
County of Northumberland
555 Courthouse Road
Cobourg, ON K9A 5J6
Please note that accommodations are available, upon request, to support applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-372-3329 ext. 2327. Alternative formats of this job posting are available upon request.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time28.02.2020 21:13