The Municipality of Brockton invites qualified applicants for the full-time position of Lead Hand (Brant and Walkerton Shops). The Lead Hand will provide daily supervision, leadership and guidance to Public Works Department and provide a variety of construction, snow/ice removal maintenance and repair service to roads and adjacent public property for the safety and convenience of the public.
Candidates must be self-motivated, flexible, exhibit superior time management capabilities have the ability to oversee two shops.
• Provides on-site supervision and assistance, providing leadership, assigning work and ensuring the work is carried out as efficiently as possible to meet expenditures as directed by management.
• Attends courses required for the performance of duties.
• Ensures crews have filled out timesheets and deliver them to municipal office.
• Interprets drawings and instructions issued by management.
• Patrols roads and records non-compliance issues as per regulations to the Minimum Maintenance Standards.
• Performs all duties of a Heavy Equipment Operator when required to do so.
• Responsible for underground utility locates.
• Ensures compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Adhere to the Municipality’s Health and Safety policies and procedures, including conducting tailgate meetings.
• Ability to operate a variety of equipment effectively, safely and efficiently.
• Good judgement, ability to work well with others and to provide leadership.
• A minimum of five years experience in municipal road maintenance, roads construction methods and procedures, drainage, equipment maintenance and sidewalks.
• Holds a valid Class “A” or “D” drivers licence with air brake endorsement.
• Has effective communications skills, both oral and written.
• Has a minimum of five years experience in the operation and maintenance of municipal owned equipment.
• OGRA Road School considered an asset.
• Certified Road Supervisor (CRS) designation or ability to work towards Certified Road Supervisor (CRS) designation.
A copy of the job task list is available by visiting www.brockton.ca/careers.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be progressive, innovative role please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to the undersigned by 4:30 PM Tuesday, December 11, 2018 via e-mail or regular mail. It should be noted that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Julie Farrell, Human Resources Generalist
100 Scott St., Box 68
WALKERTON, Ontario N0G 2V0
The Municipality of Brockton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Municipality of Brockton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Municipality of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time11.12.2018 16:30