The Municipality of Central Elgin is currently recruiting for a Full Time Fire Services Coordinator. This is a 35 hour/week, non-union position reporting to the Director of Fire and Rescue Services/Fire Chief. The Fire Services Coordinator provides administrative support to the Fire Chief, Fire Prevention Officer, the complement of 100+ fire fighters and seasonal Beach Rescue employees.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling fire inspections, meetings as required.
- Enter, maintain and file department records and file (Laserfiche, FirePro)
- Record minutes at department staff meetings, chief officers and captains meetings and others as directed by the Fire Chief.
- Enter expenditures and monitor operational and capital budgets.
- Maintain employee scheduled training and meeting-nights records.
- Able to maintain absolute confidentiality on any personnel related items.
You will have the following desired qualifications:
a) Two year College Diploma in Office Administration or similar
b) Municipal experience preferred.
c) Computer literacy is required with a familiarity of FirePro or other Fire Software.
d) Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
The hourly rate for this position is $ 27.10. Apply on line https://careers.centralelgin.org/job/search/ Closing date: Oct 7, 2019 @ 4:30 pm
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment. Questions respecting the collection of information should be directed to the CAO/Clerk of The Corporation of the Municipality of Central Elgin.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience2 - 5 Years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time07.10.2019 19:09