The Municipality of Bayham is currently seeking a Fire Chief|CEMC to join the senior management team. Reporting to the CAO|Clerk, the Fire Chief|CEMC is responsible for fire and emergency services including proactive leadership, administration, financial management, policy development, operations procedures, fire suppression/investigation, fire prevention and public education, emergency medical responses, training, community emergency planning, supervision of voluntary resources, public relations and ensuring compliance with the Ontario Fire Code, Municipal By-laws and Provincial and Federal Legislation.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, innovative and energetic leader that provides adaptable strategic, administrative and technical expertise, management and direction respecting departmental and operational issues with a proven track record of:
- Management, organizational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent supervisory skills and competent in the interpretation and application of employment policies, regulations, acts and guidelines.
- Ability to plan, schedule and review work of others in a manner conducive to proficient performance and high morale.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ firefighting experience with two (2) years’ experience in a Senior Officer position.
- A post-secondary education in Fire Services Management or a related field.
- Possession of the Community Emergency Management Coordinator certification
- Successful achievement and maintenance of the following designations and certificates:
- NFPA 1001 Level II Firefighter
- NFPA 1041 Level II Instructor
- NFPA 1021 Level II Officer
- NFPA 1035 Public & Life Safety Educator
- NFPA 1031 Inspector
- NFPA 1033 Investigator
- Valid “G” and ‘DZ’ drivers licence in the Province of Ontario
The Municipality offers a salary range of $78,787-$98,480 (2020) depending on expertise and experience, in accordance with the Municipality’s Salary Grid. Visit the Municipality’s webpage www.bayham.on.ca to obtain further information about the Municipality and to view the full Job Opportunity listing on the Employment Opportunities page.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application together with a detailed resume of education and experience by 12:00 noon May 27, 2020 to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for applying, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Offered Salary$70,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time27.05.2020 03:13