The Municipality of West Elgin has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Fire Chief. The Fire Chief has responsibility for the overall operation of the department reporting to Council through the CAO. As part of the senior management team, participates in the overall stewardship of the municipality. He/she will prepare and administer the Fire Department budget, report to and assume command at major incidents, supervise fire prevention and public education activities, supervise training programs and assist in the development of these programs, purchase all major equipment and confer with Council and the senior management team to ensure that the activities of the department are consistent with the goals and objectives of the municipality as established by Council
- A graduate of the Ontario Fire College courses as required for a Fire Chief, NFPA 1021 Level II minimum, Level IV preferred, along with post secondary education in Public or Business Administration.
- Possesses knowledge and skill in the safe operation of all types of fire and emergency vehicles, equipment and safety and protective devices.
- Minimum seven (7) years of progressive fire service experience and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a supervisory or management level position.
Hours: approximately 10 to 15 hours weekly Salary: currently under review
Full job description available on municipal website: www.westelgin.net
Applicants must submit a resume detailing education and employment history no later than 4:00 pm on Friday, April 3rd to CAO/Treasurer Magda Badura at email@example.com
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience7 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time03.04.2020 19:46