Are you an experienced leader who has successfully led teams engaged in municipal fire and rescue services? The County is looking to fill this pivotal role with our composite fire service to ensure we deliver vital services for our residents, businesses and visitors of our community in ways that are effective and cost efficient.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Fire Chief. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Fire Chief is responsible for planning, organizing and directing departmental operations for ten (10) fire stations, and a composite service comprised of 10 full time employees and 144 volunteer fire fighters. This includes all aspects of dispatch, equipment, apparatus and employees, ensuring that appropriate public safety, fire prevention and education initiatives are developed and carried out in a professional and efficient manner. The Fire Chief is also appointed to the role of Community Emergency Management Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma or certificate in Fire Service Executive Management. Consideration may be given to those near completion of their program.
- 10 years of progressive experience in the Fire Service, with a minimum of 5 years experience as an officer and have received additional training through the Ontario Fire College, regional fire training centres or educational seminars.
- Completion of Community Emergency Management Coordinator (CEMC) certification, or the ability to obtain.
- NFPA 1021 Fire Officer II Certification, or equivalent. Demonstrated knowledge and experience with all federal and provincial codes and regulations and municipal by-laws relative to the activities of the Fire Department and Emergency Management.
- Experience in facilitating Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) debriefings and programs.
- Extensive knowledge of the municipality and surrounding areas protected by agreement, including type of buildings.
- Strong leadership skills; direct experience managing in a unionized environment is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as strong public relations and customer service skills with the ability to exercise both tact and discretion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, experience with other computer applications is beneficial.
- Valid “G” Driver’s License
- Offered Salary$100,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time23.05.2020 03:22