Corporate Services Department
(Full-time position, 35 hours per week)
The Town of Orangeville has an opportunity available for the position of Financial Analyst – Operations. This position oversees and ensures accurate and timely entry of receipts and expenditures, maintains the Town’s Trust Fund accounts, and provides analysis of balance sheet, operating revenue and expenditure accounts. Duties of the position include:
- Preparing financial impact reports and briefing notes for management and Council on a variety of financial issues; designing statistical/financial models; monitoring, analysing and reporting operational activities to ensure proper authorization, funding and expenditures.
- Bookkeeping for various Trust Accounts, including reconciling various bank and investment accounts and tracking of letters of credit; performing monthly bank reconciliations; completing various account reconciliations and journal entries; assisting in the administration and development of the Town’s financial systems.
- Liaising with users to develop operational budgeting/reporting and assisting in the preparation of the annual budget packages.
- Preparing year-end working papers and liaising with auditors; ensuring HST compliance including mandatory reporting and determination/application for payments/refunds.
- Providing back up to Accounts Payable Clerk and Financial Analyst – Capital.
- Reviewing and authorizing weekly online bank payments and transfers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a post-secondary program majoring in accounting and finance.
- Active enrolment in the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) program.
- Two to three years’ progressive experience in an accounting or finance capacity, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of data, strong analytical and organizational skills, and a proven ability to develop financial models.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to act as departmental representative and to liaise with staff at all levels, outside organizations as well as other levels of government in an efficient and diplomatic manner.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, work with cross-functional teams, set clear directions and obtain required information, data and co-operation.
- Sound understanding of municipal accounting, budgeting practices and principles.
- High proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, word processing, presentation and database packages.
Salary Range: $ 67,394.60 to $ 78.806.00, Band 9 on the Town’s 2020 Pay Grid, plus a comprehensive benefits package
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, no later than 4 p.m. on Wednesday, August 26, 2020. Applications may be submitted online, or in person to the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway.
The Town of Orangeville is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes. Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
- Offered Salary$60,000+
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience2 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time26.08.2020 16:30