POSITION: Financial Analyst (Competition #2019-47)
LOCATION: Corporate Services – Finance
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
REPORTING TO: Manager of Finance
UNION AFFILIATION: Non-Union
WAGE RANGE: $34.05 – $42.56/hr. ($61,971 – $77,459.20/annually)
Oversees the accounting system, produces reports for both internal and external users, completes analysis of data in the system, provides training and support relating to various financial systems, provides assistance to department managers and supervisors, and carries out required duties from the yearly departmental budgets to the year-end process.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUCCESS:
- University degree in business, finance or accounting and enrolled in the Chartered Professional Accountant program (CPA) or has 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Minimum three years’ related experience in a similar position.
- Accounting experience in a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of all accounting procedures from basic journal entries to year end closing activity and financial statement preparation.
- Sound understanding of the Canadian public sector accounting standards established by the Public Sector Accounting Board (“PSAB”).
- Knowledge of the municipal legislation affecting financial reporting.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills to enable both the creation of reports and the ability to read reports.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Resumes will only be accepted electronically via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
POSTING DATE: Thursday, November 7, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Monday, November 25, 2019 by 4:00 p.m.
“The County is an equal opportunity employer. The County will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known disability for an applicant or employee if requested”.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, resumes are only accepted in response to advertised vacancies and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for employment only. We appreciate all resumes, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time25.11.2019 23:41