The Manitoulin-Sudbury District Services Board seeks a highly motivated professional to fill the position of Finance Supervisor. Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the position is responsible for overseeing and performing the financial functions carried out by the Finance Assistants including payroll – preparation and data gathering, G/L Account Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and the preparation of Bank Reconciliations.
- Design efficient workflow systems.
- Implement changes in internal practices.
- Develop policies in conjunction with Director of Finance and Administration.
- Develop procedures for the day to day work of the Finance Department.
- Develop and monitor procurement processes for consolidated purchasing across the organization.
- Develop financial reporting procedures.
- Supervise the process of year-end audit working paper preparation.
- Be the Contact Lead for outside ministries, municipalities and suppliers.
- Supervise staff.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Must possess a University Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Commerce.
- Registration in or completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA) would be desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an accounting environment with 1 year of supervisory/management experience.
- A thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices normally gained through relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical, administrative, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize/prioritize workflow and meet deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of computerized Accounting systems and other standard office programs (Windows, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook etc.).
- Valid Ontario class G drivers’ licence.
- Bilingualism English/French is considered an asset.
Salary Range: $74,355 to $86,985 per annum. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Commencement Date: To be determined
Interested individuals are invited to submit a covering letter and a résumé outlining their skills, qualifications and experience and how they relate to this position no later than March 27, 2020 at 4:00 pm. Please forward your application quoting competition #2020-01-AD to the attention of:
Human Resources Department
Manitoulin-Sudbury District Services Board
210 Mead Blvd Espanola
Ontario P5E 1R9
Fax (705) 862-7866
Information gathered relative to this position is done in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for candidate selection. While all responses are appreciated, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Offered Salary$70,000+
- Career LevelExecutive
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time27.03.2020 11:33