Reporting to the Corporate Services Director/Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Manager is leader of the Financial Services Department, with responsibility for leading and managing this area for the City of Grande Prairie.
In this critical role, the Finance Manager has oversight and responsibility for the business planning process, and lead/facilitate change in the organization to improve financial processes, reporting, fiscal accountability and best practices within The City of Grande Prairie.
The Finance Manager will assist in the ongoing transforming of the finance department from being decentralized to a centralized function. He/She will work closely with the CFO to continue the implementation of priority based budgeting, and as the City identifies new business opportunities, the Finance Manager will be responsible for analyzing the opportunity for its potential. Growth and opportunity will drive the Finance Manager to success.
Grande Prairie is a place which embraces entrepreneurship, innovation, and new ideas. Having built your career and track record of success in progressively senior roles with a large, complex organization operating in a multi-stakeholder environment, you have a passion for public service and embracing the community in which you live. Come share yours in a highperformance environment with an organization that instills a culture of respect, accountability and customer service.
- Lead 16 staff in the Financial Services Department
- Responsible for financial services and associated software applications for the City
- Manage all general and financial reporting activities for the City
- Lead Business Planning and Budget process for the City
- Produces budget documents for review by the Corporate Leadership Team and Corporate Services Committee of Council
- Lead special projects and operational initiatives
- Lead and facilitate change in the organization to improve processes and implement best practices.
- Minimum of 5-6+ years in progressive financial leadership positions in large and complex organizations (i.e. municipal government, provincial government or the private sector) where corporate or broad operational experience or responsibilities would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience as a leader who is a visionary, credible and trusted role model who inspires and challenges others to achieve their full potential.
- An undergraduate or master’s degree in a related field, such as Business Administration, Finance/Accounting plus a professional accounting designation with at least 5-6 years of relevant financial leadership experience, at a senior level.
- $73.85 -$89.76 per hour or $153,608-$186,700 annually
To view the full Finance Manager Posting please visit: https://www.cityofgp.com/city-government/working-city/current-job-postings
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume on City Website. The posting will close August 26, 2019.
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationMaster’s Degree
- Application Closing Time26.08.2019 23:20