Contract – July 2019 – April 2021
Bruce County is currently seeking qualified applicants for the full time Contract position of EngineeringTechnologist in the Transportation & Environmental Services Department. Reporting to the EngineeringManager, the Engineering Technologist is responsible for planning and designing the County’s roadreconstruction projects as well as traffic signals and intersection illumination. This position is based out ofthe Administration facility in Walkerton working Monday – Friday.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Three year post-secondary diploma in Civil Engineering
• Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation from the Ontario Association of CertifiedEngineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)
• Seven years of previous experience in a related field• Demonstrated skill and experience with Auto-CAD
• Ability to create realistic schedules to support the timely completion of projects
• Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions
• Ability to manage coordination efforts in construction projects with various parties
• Experience with budget preparation and management• Highly developed understanding of industry regulations, standards, and best practices
• Project Management experience an asset
Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as perFreedom of Information (F.O.I.) And Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
The Corporation of the County of Bruce is an equal opportunity employer that is committed toinclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employmentopportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time14.07.2019 20:16