Under the direction of the Infrastructure Planning and Asset Management Supervisor, the Engineering Technician I provides field support and project coordination for infrastructure and asset management related projects and studies, performs drainage related reviews and provides follow up on drainage complaints and inquires. This position also assists with utilizing, maintaining and revising various City plans, maps and drawings in a CAD or G.I.S. based environment.
4:00pm on Friday, June 21, 2019
The hourly wage range for this full-time, unionized position is $31.94 – $33.60.
Department / Reports To:
Infrastructure and Development Services/ Infrastructure Planning and Asset Management Supervisor
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed are not meant to provide a description of each and every job performed but only those which represent the core functions of the job.
- Provide field support for infrastructure projects and studies including but not limited to, sewer dye testing, CCTV inspection, sewer connectivity and confirmation of underground infrastructure. This may include coordination of hired contractors and/or field assistance for hired consultants.
- Coordinate and/or assist with annual asset management and asset condition assessment related programs including but not limited to, unidirectional flushing, flow monitoring, CCTV inspection (including video reviews) and side walk and road condition assessments.
- Obtain or assist with acquiring the location of City assets utilizing GPS devices.
- Follow up on drainage complaints and inquires, which include field investigation, correspondence with residents, providing recommendations for improvement and documentation.
- Provide assistance on municipal drainage projects as directed by the Drainage Superintendent.
- Perform field investigations and provide comments and recommendations to the City By-law department relating to the City’s Site Alteration By-law as it relates to drainage.
- Provide assistance with development related reviews relating to drainage as required.
- Project coordination of infrastructure investigation projects including watermain leak detection and wet weather investigation projects.
- Provide assistance to other sections of the Infrastructure and Development Services Department, as required, including but not limited to, construction inspection, surveying and verification of City infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) year College Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Full membership, or eligibility for full membership, with OACETT, with one of the following designations; C. Tech., C.E.T. or A.Sc.T.
- Three (3) years’ experience in municipal construction, O&M or infrastructure assessments and drainage.
- Working knowledge and experience in various computer applications including Access, AutoCAD, G.I.S, Manifold and Microsoft Office Suite, along with the ability to learn and utilize internally-used computer software. Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D is considered an asset.
- Hold, or be willing to obtain the Drainage Superintendent Designation and working knowledge of the Ontario Drainage Act.
- A good working knowledge of the OPSD, OPSS, MTO, specifications and Niagara Peninsula Standard Contract Document Specifications.
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act regarding trenching, traffic control, confined space entry, etc.
- Possess a valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s License.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time21.06.2019 13:36