The County of Prince Edward is an island community on the shores of Lake Ontario with a proud United Empire Loyalist heritage. Boasting beautiful beaches and a unique rural landscape, the County offers serene country living. Our strong agricultural roots, thriving tourism attractions, renowned regional cuisine, and growing wine industry combine to offer a unique and unmatched quality of life.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Operations. Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Operations is responsible for overall management, administration, operations and maintenance of the Operations department. Providing leadership to the Operations department, the Director of Operations will manage a gross budget of $10.7 million, oversee 1,000 km of roads and associated fleets and equipment, provide direction to the County’s solid waste management program, as well as ensure parks, playfields, marinas, boat launches, community halls, facilities and cemeteries operate effectively.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Registration with OACETT as a CET is required; college diploma in Civil Engineering Technology is preferred
- Degree in Civil Engineering and P. Eng designation is an asset
- Demonstrated continuing education in municipal operations and infrastructure technology and management
- 5-7 years relevant and progressive work experience, preferably in a municipal Operations environment
- Demonstrated experience in project development and management; experience in construction estimating is an asset
- Ability to exercise both tact and discretion
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as strong public relations and customer service skills
- Strong managerial skills; direct experience managing in a unionized environment would be an asset
- Thorough understanding of MOL Health and Safety Regulations
- Knowledge of standards related to road, waste management and parks operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, experience with other computer applications (for example, AutoCAD or GIS Systems) is beneficial
- Valid “G” Driver’s License
The current annual salary range for this permanent full-time position is $90,786 to $110,312 as per Band 8 (under review) of the Non-Union By-Law. Compensation also includes a comprehensive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please submit your cover letter and resume prior to 4:00pm on December 3, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time03.12.2019 11:19