Parry Sound Area Community Business & Development Centre Inc.
The District of West Parry Sound, located 225 km (140 mi) north of Toronto is a popular cottage country region with unsurpassed beauty, an abundance of pristine lakes and rivers, a diversified environment and a relaxed lifestyle. West Parry Sound includes the 7 single tier communities of the Town of Parry Sound, the Townships of Carling, McKellar, the Archipelago and Seguin and the Municipalities of McDougall and Whitestone.
The Economic Development Officer’s key role is to promote, support, increase and strengthen the business communities of West Parry Sound. This position focuses on business attraction, and business retention/expansion, through business support / advocacy, communication and collaboration, marketing, research and analysis, in the manufacturing, technology, construction and the tourism sectors.
The EDO will support the development of a range of housing options and support area wide high-speed broadband infrastructure access, both of which are critically needed to attract investment and growth.
The EDO will be an effective relationship builder, connector, influencer and facilitator who will promote, develop and grow targeted community sectors.
- A university degree in Business Administration, Economics, Economic Development, Planning (or a related field) or combined equivalency through Community College and experience in marketing with a strong knowledge of business, finance, economics and tourism
- 5 to 7 years related experience; Economic Development experience in the public sector would be an asset
- Project management and program delivery experience would be an asset
- A self-starter with the ability work independently and with minimum supervision
- Strong communication, interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of computer programs, the use of social media and related tools and technologies including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgement
- A valid driver’s license (Class G) and access to a reliable vehicle to use on corporate business
Term of Employment: Three years
This exciting position offers a competitive salary, benefits package and rewarding career opportunity in Economic Development in the beautiful District of West Parry Sound!
A complete job description can be found at https://www.investwps.com/municipalities/
interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume in confidence by Friday, July 8, 2020 2:00pm to:
c/o Michelle Hendry, Chairperson,
WPS Economic Development Collaborative
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time08.07.2020 14:00