Employment Opportunity – Director, Social Services
Posted: January 31, 2019
The County of Lennox and Addington, as the consolidated municipal services manager for Lennox and Addington & Prince Edward Counties, is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to direct the delivery of Social Service programs including Ontario Works, Social Housing and Children’s Services.
Located in Eastern Ontario, mid-way between Toronto and Montreal, Prince Edward and Lennox and Addington Counties offer attractive rural, recreational and small town lifestyle opportunities in close proximity to the urban centres of Kingston and Belleville.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer and working under the general direction of Committee and Council, the Director will be responsible to:
• Provide guidance and direction to ensure the efficient and effective administration, delivery and operation of social services and programs in a complex multi-site work environment
• Act as a member of the Senior Management Team by contributing to corporate decision making and providing information and guidance to Council and Committees of Council
• Develop, implement and report on progress of strategic goals and priorities
• Prepare and administer annual departmental operating and capital budgets
• Create and maintain strong linkages with community agencies, service partners, and representatives of provincial and federal governments
• Develop, recommend and administer policies and procedures to guide the management and delivery of social services and programs
• University degree in Social Sciences, Business/Public Administration or a related field
• 10 years of related progressive management experience
• Proven management, leadership, team building and administration skills
• Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, programs, policies and guidelines
• Demonstrated ability to develop staff and promote a positive and healthy work environment
• Exceptional ability to develop strong internal and external business relationships
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
• Demonstrated skills innovation and program development
The annual salary for this position is $124,651 to $145,800 and comes with a comprehensive benefit package.
Please forward a detailed resume and covering letter by 4:00 p.m. on February 21, 2019 to:
County of Lennox and Addington
97 Thomas Street East
Napanee, ON K7R 4B9
Phone: 613-354-4883 Fax: 613-354-3112
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelExecutive
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time21.02.2019 16:00