The Organization: Metro Vancouver
Metro Vancouver is a federation made up of 21 municipalities, one Electoral Area, and one Treaty First Nation that collaboratively plans for and delivers regional-scale services, policy and political leadership on behalf of its members. Governed by a Board of Directors of elected officials from each local authority, Metro Vancouver provides core utility services such as water, sewerage and drainage, and solid waste management, while also carrying out planning and regulatory responsibilities related air quality, urban growth, affordable housing, and management of a regional parks system. Metro Vancouver is a vibrant, richly diverse region focused on livability and ensuring quality of life for the region’s residents, both now and for generations to come.
To learn more, please visit Metro Vancouver’s website.
The Opportunity: Director, Policy Planning & Analysis (Liquid Waste Services)
The Director, Policy Planning & Analysis leads the Liquid Waste Services Policy, Planning & Analysis function and provides strategic direction for implementing and updating the Integrated Liquid Waste and Resource Management Plan. In addition, the Director develops infrastructure plans and source control strategies for the utility and leads work to analyze and model the system to meet growth requirements and seismic reliability.
He/she will be accountable for the function’s budget and for delivering on the objectives of the department’s business plan, as well as hiring, leading and mentoring staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor of Applied Science degree in engineering or other relevant discipline, plus 10 years of recent, related progressive experience supplemented by formal business management training; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Membership or eligibility for immediate membership as a registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with the Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC) is an asset
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: JULIAN MANCHON or GREG LONGSTERLeaders International Executive Search#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time20.12.2019 23:26