The Town of Aylmer is seeking a dynamic, skilled individual in the area of municipal infrastructure to lead its operations department and play a significant role on the Town’s Management Team.
Reporting to the CAO, the Director of Operations will be responsible to manage all aspects of the Town’s public works, water distribution, wastewater collection/treatment, transportation and waste management.
The preferred candidate should have:
- Post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or like discipline and/or extensive experience in municipal public works administration.
- Minimum of 8-10 ten years of progressive senior management experience overseeing the administration of public works operations including transportation, water distribution, sanitary sewage and treatment and storm water management.
- Experience in administration and management and oversight of the department including budget management, fleet procurement and management, risk management and insurance programs, labour relations and management, health and safety programs, minimum maintenance standards and computer applications.
- Strong leadership and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated business and political acumen with the ability to work with elected officials and staff at all levels.
- Considerable knowledge and background in budget development and managing capital and operational projects.
- Skills required include interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation, project management, negotiation, problem solving, decision making, leadership and general management.
- Excellent communication skills to provide advice and direction to staff, provide information to the general public, liaison with contractors and outside agencies.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, with changing priorities, deadlines, and to readily adapt to change.
- Possess a technical knowledge of legislation and best practices related to municipal service delivery with a focus on transportation, water distribution systems, storm water management, sanitary sewage collection and treatment.
- Sound understanding and experience of municipal Water and Wastewater Systems (MOECC Class 1 Water Distribution and Class 2 Wastewater Collection Systems) would be considered an asset.
- Possess a Class “G” driver license valid in the Province of Ontario with a clean abstract.
2019 Salary range: $98,716.80- $119,938.00
Confidential resumes will be accepted by Human Resources:
The Corporation of the Town of Aylmer
46 Talbot Street West, Aylmer, Ontario N5H 1J7
Application Deadline: Ongoing until filled
A copy of the draft job description can be found at: http://www.aylmer.ca/index.php/HumanResources/EmploymentOpportunities
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Aylmer is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for the recruitment process. Applicants are requested to make their needs known in advance.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time31.08.2019 21:12