If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference and join a committed and skilled professional senior management team, the Director of Infrastructure Services may be the challenge you are looking for. The Town of Cochrane, is seeking a skilled Director who can effectively work with Council priorities and challenges in the area of infrastructure services to create effective long term implementation plans, and influence prioritization and allocation of finite funding and resources at the strategic, corporate and operational levels.
If you are looking for a change in pace, the Town of Cochrane, situated around Lake Commando has the largest gold mine in North America nearby, two world class forestry mills poised for prosperity, some of the leading green energy initiatives in the region, home to the Polar Bear Express train and Polar Bear Habitat. Cochrane, a four season location with camping, snowmobiling, fishing, and hiking boasts of a very diversified economy in retail, tourism, hospitality, restoration, construction and trades.
The Director, reporting to the CAO, is responsible for the planning, development, general/financial management and leadership of the Department relative to the municipal infrastructure including roads, bridges, three landfills, airport, waste and recycling systems, municipal drinking water system and two wastewater systems.
The successful applicant must:
- Possess a postsecondary education in civil or environmental engineering (university or college), membership in PEO or OACETT and have GIS and AutoCAD experience. The incumbent must be able to obtain certification as a Certified Roads Supervisor or CMO.
- Demonstrate strong strategic planning and organizational skills, be flexible and energetic, have superior communication skills and be able to act professionally in a public environment.
- Have 5 years of management and administrative experience in infrastructure services and utilities , along with strong technical skills and a strong background on legislation, regulations and related standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong Human Resource Management skills
Compensation for the position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To learn more about the Town of Cochrane or obtain a complete job description contact www.cochraneontario.com. Qualified applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and a detailed resume to Evelyn Dean at email@example.com. For more information contact Evelyn Dean at www.edeanassociates.com. Please feel free to forward this opportunity to those that may be interested. We look forward to your inquiries. This position will be advertised until filled. The Selection process will begin November 5, 2019.
The Town of Cochrane is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for the recruitment process. Applicants are requested to make their needs known in advance. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time04.11.2019 22:43