The Township of Norwich, with a population of 11,001 is one of five rural Townships within the County of Oxford. The Township is currently seeking a self-motivated, highly organized individual for the full-time position of a Director of Finance/Treasurer. This position is responsible for leading all financial matters, developing, recommending, implementing and continuously monitoring the Township’s short-term and long-term financial plans. The Director of Finance/Treasurer represents the Township with all finance-related matters and ensures compliance with Provincial reporting requirements and programs. The Director of Finance/Treasurer will report directly to the CAO/Clerk.
Required Qualifications and Experience will include:
- Recognized professional accounting designation: CA, CGA or CMA
- Association of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers (AMCT) designation
- Successful completion of the Municipal Accounting Program, Municipal Tax Administration Program as sponsored by the Association of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario (AMCTO)
- Knowledgeable of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) Standards, including Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB), and various related Municipal Acts
- Minimum 5 years of municipal accounting experience at a management level
- Excellent computer experience with Windows and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains would be an asset
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
A detailed job description is available on our website at www.norwich.ca or upon request.
A comprehensive benefit package and salary range will commensurate with your experience and qualifications.
Applicants must indicate how they meet the minimum qualifications in their resume.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence by 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 13th, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected will be used solely for applicant selection in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The Township of Norwich is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon advance notice of specific accommodation required.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time13.11.2019 14:31