The Municipality of Grey Highlands is a vibrant and dynamic community in the heart of the Beaver Valley and proudly boasts the natural beauty of our many waterfalls, scenic vistas, trails and rivers. As the most central municipality in the County of Grey, Grey Highlands is riding a significant wave of development and growth. We are seeking positive, creative, experienced team players to join our team of professionals. If you’re looking for a place that values your passion, desire to learn, and enthusiasm for fresh challenges, then your future is in Grey Highlands.
Due to a vacancy, the Municipality of Grey Highlands is receiving applications to fill the position of Director of Finance/Treasurer. This position provides support to the CAO, Council, and Committees with decisions related to the financial affairs of the Municipality. Provides leadership, guidance and mentoring to Finance staff. Performs statutory duties of Treasurer under the Municipal Act and other related legislation. A job description is available at www.greyhighlands.ca under “Employment Opportunities”.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, skills & abilities:
- University degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline, accompanied by a current recognized accounting designation (CPA).
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience in a supervisory/managerial role related to fiscal management and accounting, within a municipal setting.
- An advanced understanding of all applicable legislation, by-laws, and policies related to finance and accounting in a municipal setting.
- Knowledge of reserve, trust and fund accounting.
- Advanced supervisory and leadership skills to plan, organize, and coordinate the work of staff and contractors—including a thorough knowledge of the OHSA and its application.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required in order to accommodate business needs during busy cycles, vacation periods.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, preferably by e-mail, referencing “Director of Finance” prior to 3:30 PM on Thursday, November 7th, 2019 to email@example.com
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.The Municipality of Grey Highlands is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time07.11.2019 14:37