The Town of Bracebridge is a community of over 16,000 residents living in both urban and rural areas. Located in the heart of Muskoka, Bracebridge is a magnet for recreation and tourism, with a growing base of non-recreational businesses. Additionally, there is a sense of civic responsibility and interest in protecting and enhancing Bracebridge’s natural features; therefore, residents want increased and improved access to the Town’s recreational spaces such as parks, trails and waterfront areas.
The Town works closely with the District of Muskoka, other local municipalities, external agencies, senior levels of government and service partners.
Your Opportunity to Make a Difference
As the ideal candidate and our new Director of Finance/Treasurer, you are an insightful and hands-on finance leader with a view to long-term planning. Your financial acumen is exceptional, and you have an ability to support effective operations through the development and management of policies, procedures and programs related to finance.
Reporting to the CAO, the Director of Finance/Treasurer is as an essential member of the Senior Management Team. With a 2020 budget of almost $40 million in gross expenditures, you will play a key strategic role as a steward of our public funds by ensuring that we have an effective and efficient financial plan in place to support the evolving needs of the community through a range of robust, programs and services across our organization.
As our Director you will provide leadership related to corporate financial management including the development of strategies to achieve short- and long-term financial objectives for growth and development of our community. This includes oversight of the Town’s annual business plan as well as key functions related to the administration of the operating and capital budgets, accounting, taxation, payroll, insurance and purchasing.
The Town of Bracebridge offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Join and lead a dedicated team which strives to make Bracebridge the best place to live, work and play.
- Management: Seven or more years progressive leadership experience managing a finance function ideally in a public sector environment.
- Leadership in Finance: Demonstrated leadership experience and understanding of budgeting, capital planning, finance operations, taxation and financial reporting, ideally in a municipal or public sector environment.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to analyze complex issues related to business operations and the finance portfolio in order to evaluate alternative solutions, develop sound conclusions, recommendations and courses of action.
- People Leadership: Leadership and interpersonal skills to supervise a small staff team, provide advice and guidance to all levels including management and Council.
- Relationship Management: Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with our council, private and public stakeholders, staff, the public and to balance their needs with operational requirements.
- Project Management: Proven ability to manage diverse activities and projects simultaneously.
- Technical Acumen: Proficiency in a range of finance related computer software applications as well as the traditional Microsoft suite of products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Legislation: Knowledge of applicable legislation, regulations and government processes related to a municipal finance portfolio.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills: Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Education: A degree in finance coupled with a post-graduate education in a related discipline; a CPA in good standing; eligibility for the Certified Municipal Officer (CMO) designation.
How to Apply
To explore this opportunity please apply via email by May 8, 2020 to email@example.com quoting project BB-DF.
Should you wish to speak to our Executive Recruiter or to receive a detailed position description please contact Jon Stungevicius at 416-214-9299 x1, firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Oliveira at 416-214-9299 x4, email@example.com.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelExecutive
- Experience7 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time09.05.2020 03:10