County of Hastings
Director of Finance/Treasurer
COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING, BELLEVILLE, ON
Permanent Full Time
The County of Hastings has an opening for a permanent full time DIRECTOR OF FINANCE/TREASURER for their Financial Services Department. This is a Non-Union position reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer. The position will provide executive leadership of the Financial Services Department including overall responsibility and accountability for the financial health and affairs of the County and will perform the statutory duties of the Municipal Treasurer as defined under the Municipal Act.
Located in southeastern Ontario, the County includes some of the most diverse and beautiful countryside, with lifestyles second-to-none in Ontario. From northern lakes and forests of to the cities of Belleville and Quinte West on the shores of the Bay of Quinte, almost every lifestyle interest can be found within our communities. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy cycling, hiking, sailing, beaches, provincial parks, skiing, and more. The surrounding areas offer many festivals, restaurants and community events, as well as live music and theatre, award-winning wineries and micro-breweries. Hastings County area offers picturesque waterfront with affordable homes set in safe communities; quality local schools, entertainment, shopping and services; and an easy drive to larger centers such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal.
- To provide leadership, guidance and direction in the management and performance of the Financial Services Department responsibilities that include Accounting, Payroll, Purchasing and Provincial Offences Administration.
- To support the directions, priorities and objectives as set out in the County’s strategic plan and to provide strategic financial leadership and recommendations to the Senior Management Team, Committee and Council.
- Perform the statutory duties of the Municipal Treasurer in accordance with the Municipal Act 2001, as amended and other relevant legislation to ensure continued efficient and effective financial management of the Corporation.
- Responsible for the managing of the day-to-day functions of the Financial Services Department by providing strong leadership in the areas of municipal finance including general accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, financial reporting, municipal property taxation, asset management, payroll administration.
- Post-secondary education or university degree in Commerce, Finance, Public Administration, Business or a related discipline as well as a professional accounting designation required.
- 7-8 years progressively responsible experience including 3-5 years in a senior management level capacity in a Municipal Government setting or a similar type of public sector government.
- Thorough knowledge of financial, purchasing, accounting and auditing principles and practices, applicable legislation/regulatory standards, investment and debt management, provincial grant processes, property taxation, budget formulation, local government functions and responsibilities.
- Strong leadership and strategic thinking skills with the ability to manage and mentor.
- Significant knowledge and experience in strategic financial planning and capital asset management.
Salary Range: $131,439 – $153,730 per annum, with excellent fringe benefits
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30-4:30, 35 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: Friday, August 26, 2022 by 4pm
Please forward applications to: email@example.com
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity. We thank all candidates who apply but advise that only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted. The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. The successful candidate will be required to provide a clear Criminal Record Check and/or Vulnerable Sector Check and proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or eligible approved exemption by Hastings County.
- Offered Salary$100,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience7 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time26.08.2022 16:00