The Municipality of Central Elgin is a progressive, growing urban and rural municipality located on the north shore of Lake Erie in the heart of southwestern Ontario adjacent to London and St.Thomas. The Municipality is home to 13,000 people. A prosperous municipality that blends the diversity of a rural agricultural community with an extensive urban environment that is rich in history and tourism, the Municipality of Central Elgin prides itself on being progressive in the way everyday business is carried out.
The municipality is seeking a progressive, eager, and self-motivated individual to be part of the Central Elgin team and take on the responsibility of our Director of Financial Services/Treasurer.
Your general responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership to a team of six direct reports, be a collaborative member of the senior management team and work closely with council providing advice and support.
- Reporting to the CAO/Clerk you will understand the vision for the municipality and recommend long-term strategies for the financial management of the municipality, including developing multi-year capital and operating forecasts.
- Work collaboratively with the CAO/Clerk and senior management team to co-ordinate the budgetary process and provide council and administration updates to monitor revenues and expenditure.
- Perform the statutory duties of the Municipal Treasurer under the Municipal Act and other Provincial Acts and Regulations.
- Manage all the accounting systems, including receivables, payroll, payables and taxes.
You have the following qualifications:
- Five years related job experience in a senior management role, with direct reports, in a Municipal setting.
- Related post-secondary education or university degree with an accounting designation. (CPA)
- Knowledgeable in financial, procurement, accounting and auditing principles and practices; budget development; investment and debt management; property taxation; statutory and regulatory standards; and local government responsibilities;
- Proven management and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and develop staff;
- Proven senior management experience with an effective ability in linking corporate and departmental goals and objectives;
- Proven proficiency with financial management and office software;
- Possess superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively with elected officials, the senior management team, other employees and the public; and
- A valid class “G” Ontario Drivers License in good standing.
- Collaboration and collegiality;
- Integrity in actions, decisions and relationships; and
- Commitment to excellent customer service through innovation and continuous improvement.
The 2021 salary range for the position is $114,212 – $133,598. In addition, the Municipality provides and excellent benefit package including an alternative hours of work programme and a wellness benefit.
If you feel that these qualifications combined with a desire to work with a great team of professionals is a fit for you, please apply on line https://careers.centralelgin.org/job/search/
Applications must be received not later than: 4:30 pm February 1, 2021.
The Municipality of Central Elgin is an equal opportunity employer. The Municipality of Central Elgin will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known disability for an applicant or employee if requested
Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment. Questions respecting the collection of information should be directed to the CAO/Clerk of The Corporation of the Municipality of Central Elgin.
- Offered Salary$100,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time01.02.2021 16:30