The Corporation of the City Of Brantford
CAO & Mayor’s Office
Director of Facilities Management & Security
Job ID# 1020
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, you will be responsible for the development and management of City facilities, which includes the day-to-day supervision of staff and general management of the Facilities Management & Security Department. A strong communicator, you will also prepare and submit the Departments input to annual work plans and budgets (capital and operating), plan for long-term financial investment to ensure consistent asset performance, and ensure the design and construction of City facilities are carried out in a timely manner. You will ensure that the City facility infrastructure required to support new growth or service existing functions is identified, budgeted, and programmed to be delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Other Duties include:
• Ensure that the design and construction of City facilities is carried out in a timely manner in accordance with sound engineering practice, consistent with budgetary guidelines and standards
• Ensure the City facility infrastructure required to support new growth, or to service existing functions, is identified, costed and programmed to be delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner, and in accordance with all appropriate legislative requirements
• Graduation from a University program in Mechanical/Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Facilities Management or Architectural
• Over seven years of previous experience is required in order to gain broad knowledge and understanding of facilities management & security
• The ability to make strategic and cost effective decisions
• Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as human relations skills, are necessary
• Working knowledge of computer programs, including Geographic and Information Systems and database management systems, is required
WAGE RANGE: $62.84 to $78.55 per hour (based on 35 hour week)
To apply on-line, please visit the City of Brantford website at https://brantford.ca and click on Jobs and Volunteering and Current Opportunities.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, March 26, 2020, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Brantford is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations, including alternative formats, are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 519-759-4150.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience7 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time26.03.2020 16:30