Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, you will be responsible for the development and management of City facilities, which includes the day-to-day supervision of staff and general management of the Facilities Management & Security Department. A strong communicator, you will also prepare and submit the Departments input to annual work plans and budgets (capital and operating), plan for long-term financial investment to ensure consistent asset performance, and ensure the design and construction of City facilities are carried out in a timely manner. You will ensure that the City facility infrastructure required to support new growth or service existing functions is identified, budgeted, and programmed to be delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Other Duties include:
- Ensure that the design and construction of City facilities is carried out in a timely manner in accordance with sound engineering practice, consistent with budgetary guidelines and standards.
- Ensure the City facility infrastructure required to support new growth, or to service existing functions, is identified, costed and programmed to be delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner, and in accordance with all appropriate legislative requirements.
- Graduation from a University program in Mechanical/Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Facilities Management or Architectural
- Over seven years of previous experience is required in order to gain broad knowledge and understanding of facilities management & security
- The ability to make strategic and cost effective decisions
- Superior oral and written communication skills, as well as human relations skills, are necessary
- Working knowledge of computer programs, including Geographic and Information Systems and database management systems, is required
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience7 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time26.03.2020 15:39