Skills, Experience and Exposure:
- Reporting and working collectively with the Chief Administrative Officer and staff, you will be responsible for the overall strategic development and administration of the corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Oversee operations as they relate to Financial Services, Purchasing, Insurance and Risk Management, Asset Management.
- Working with Finance team members, prepare audit working papers and account reconciliations; liaise with financial statement auditors.
- Responsible for analyzing the financial status of the Township by collecting, monitoring, and studying data to support and recommend actions to management.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with budgeted forecasts.
- Experience, exposure, and Involvement in collective bargaining.
- This strategic management position, plans, directs and controls the financial affairs of the Corporation in accordance with legislation prescribed for Ontario Municipalities and the by-laws, resolutions and directives of the Chief Administrative Officer and Council.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team you are required to participate in corporate initiatives not related to scope of responsibility.
- The candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of statutory duties as established by Provincial legislation.
- In addition to operational and advisory responsibilities that involve the organization and their management for capital forecasting, budgeting, internal controls, and operational guidance on all aspects of the finance function.
- You will also possess experience and success in managing and taking responsibility for all financial functions including tax billing and collecting, utility billing and collecting, accounts payable and receivable, payroll as well as debt and investment management, insurance and asset management.
- Experience and proven ability in budget creation and forecasting, public presentation, excellent time management and project management skills and the ability to handle difficult situations
- University Degree in Business, Public/Municipal Administration together with an accounting or finance designation as a CPA, CMA, CGA with a minimum of 4 years of experience/ exposure in a local government setting.
- Relevant experience in a managerial capacity, and a proven ability in financial administration and leadership, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Considerable experience/exposure in asset management & processes.
- Considerable experience/exposure in financial analysis.
- Knowledge and experience with computerized municipal financial information systems is required. MuniSoft, Asyst would be an asset.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are mandatory.
- Must be competent within the meaning of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and be capable of issuing clearly understandable written instructions.
- The incumbent should be well organized, self-starter, possess strong interpersonal, communication and public relations skills and be capable of dealing effectively with staff/public/elected representatives.
- Must have excellent computer skills using Microsoft applications.
- Glass G Licence.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR & WHIMS an asset
- Minimum 35 hours per week during regular office working hours.
- Combination of an office environment at a computer workstation.
- Training and mentoring of Staff in applicable fields of responsibility within the Corporate Services Department.
- Must attend Council meetings when and as required.
A competitive salary based on proven experience/exposure along with an attractive benefit pkg. Successful candidate must provide a satisfactory criminal record check through the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC).
Interested applicants are invited to submit their letter of interest and resume by Tuesday October 15, 2020 no latter than 4:30 pm (EST)
to: Albert Headrick – CAO/Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org addressed and Marked Confidential Director of Corporate Services. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Township of Red Rock is committed to diversity and inclusion and offers an accessible workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience4 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time15.10.2020 16:30