Situated on the shores of Lake Huron at the mouth of the St. Clair River, The City of Sarnia is noted for its breathtaking sky-blue water and beautiful waterfront parks. A border community with a population of 72,000 residents, the City of Sarnia offers a high quality of life with affordable living, excellent schools, state-of-the-art healthcare facilities, and a variety of cultural institutions, together with exceptional recreation and leisure services.
The best of Sarnia is featured in a series of three videos showcasing the natural beauty, the lifestyle of our residents, and the strategic advantages for business. Learn more about Sarnia and all it has to offer through our Guides to the City. Sarnia, the place you want to Live, Work and Play.
Under the general direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Corporate Services’ efforts are principally concentrated on implementing sound strategies and practices relating to the provision of Human Resources, Customer Services, Information Technology, Emergency Management, Communication/Public Relations and government services throughout the City, and to oversee the daily operation, activities and performance of the Corporate Services Department. As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Corporate Services exercises leadership and strategic planning skills, contributing to an accountable, service-oriented organization that makes a difference in our community.
The Director of Corporate Services operates with broad management authority, receiving little technical guidance and subject to overall policy and financial controls for functions that are the responsibility of the Department. This Director builds and maintains relationships with civic boards and commissions, Provincial and Federal government agencies, stakeholders, and the general public as necessary for the fulfillment of his/her duties.
- A degree in Business, Public Administration, Human Resources, Information Technology, or related discipline plus eight (8) to ten (10) years of related work experience in a municipal setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and external to the organization and department; including communicating effectively, maintaining good working relationships with elected and appointed officials, members of the public and other levels of government;
- Excellent strategic planning, performance management, problem solving, decision making and leadership skills;
- Senior management experience in a unionized environment;
- Knowledge and experience in working with community organizations, facilitating public consultation processes and effective program delivery;
- Excellent organizational and customer service knowledge skills and abilities;
- Proficient in computer application software.
This position is required to work outside and beyond the normal hours of work. Incumbent will receive one (1) week of additional vacation yearly for such time worked.
The City of Sarnia provides a competitive compensation and benefits package complete with extended health and dental benefits, and enrollment in OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) pension plan.
Salary Range: $123,113 – $153,771 per annum (currently under review)
Closing Date: February 9, 2020
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “2020-15 – Director of Corporate Services”.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelExecutive
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time09.02.2020 16:33