We invite you to become a part of our vibrant municipal team in Prescott, the historic Fort Town on the St. Lawrence River with convenient access to Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Director of Administration/Clerk is responsible for providing strategic direction managing the Clerk’s office, Council/Committee coordination, as well as performing all of the statutory duties assigned to the Clerk under the Municipal Act, 2001.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education and qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Public Administration, Local Government, Business Administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Completion of the MAP program through AMCTO is required
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a municipal management or supervisory position, including experience in a Clerk’s Department is required
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Provincial and Municipal legislation, meeting procedures, including Parliamentary procedures, protocol, by-law writing, resolutions, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Comprehensive records management skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and public relations skills, with a focus on customer service
- Advanced computer application experience and knowledge
The Town of Prescott offers an attractive benefit package and a salary commensurate with your qualifications.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time31.10.2019 14:26