The City of Kitchener is looking for a visionary and authentic leader as its next Director, Human Resources. Reportingto the General Manager of Corporate Services, the human resources division oversees all employee-centred services for the Kitchener Public Service, including recruitment, compensation, development, and labour relations.
As the division’s next Director, you will lead and mentor a team of 22 employees through an exciting time of unprecedentedchange in our organization. You are someone that:
Builds trust and inspires others
- You are passionate about public service and the success of people, first and foremost.
- You know how to influence and build collaborative relationships, operating with a high degree of credibility.
- You lead by example, motivating others by doing what you say you will.
Promotes service excellence
- You are comfortable with change and driven by providing exceptional customer service.
- You actively seek opportunities to modernize policies and processes to meet the expectations of a changing workforce.
- You bring a finer lens to efforts in workforce analytics, health and wellness, and collaborative labour relations.
Helps tell a story of modern public service
- You will sharpen our efforts in talent attraction, retention and diversity to ensure Kitchener remains an employer of choice and reflects the community we serve.
- You will develop a clear value proposition for how your division supports the Corporate Leadership Team in areas of organizational development and innovation.
- You connect vision with strategy, showcasing Kitchener’s commitment to service and organizational excellence.
First year priorities
Over the next 12 months, your primary focus will be to inspire and develop your team, working together to define ashared agenda that supports the organization’s broader aspirations. You will also work closely with the General Manager to champion the next chapter of Kitchener’s renowned People Plan.
Positioned for success
You are a reputable and accomplished professional with extensive leadership experience in human resources and organizationaldevelopment. Your sound understanding of industry trends, policy setting, municipal government and/or the broader public sector further provides you with strong foundations to successfully lead this ambitious assignment.
This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. To learn more, visit: www.kitchener.ca/careers
Posting Closing Date: November 14, 2019
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time14.11.2019 14:08