Director, Financial Services
The County of Lennox and Addington is seeking a dynamic and experienced leader to direct the delivery of the financial services department, including the administration of Provincial Offences.
Located in Eastern Ontario, mid-way between Toronto and Montreal, the County of Lennox and Addington offers attractive rural, recreational and small town lifestyle opportunities in close proximity to the urban centres of Kingston and Belleville.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer and working under the general direction of Council, the Director will be responsible to:
• Provide guidance and direction to ensure the efficient and effective administration, delivery and operation of financial services and provincial offences in accordance with legislation, corporate policy, by-laws and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Provide strategic financial leadership, analysis and advice to Senior Management and Council.
• Perform all statutory, operational and advisory duties of Treasurer as defined by the Municipal Act.
• Oversee the preparation and administration of the County’s annual and long range budgets in conjunction with departmental representatives. Present the County annual budget with a comprehensive analysis of impacts, requirements, financial issues and decision support assessments and recommendations.
• Develop and recommend tax and other financial policies and procedures.
• Act as a liaison with auditors, in the preparation of annual financial statements.
• Act as a member of the Senior Management Team by contributing to corporate decision-making and providing information and guidance to Council and Committees of Council.
• University degree in Accounting or Business Administration or a related field, coupled with a recognized professional designation (C.A, C.G.A., C.M.A). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• 10 years of related progressive management experience, preferably in a municipal setting.
• Thorough knowledge of relevant financial legislation, programs, policies and practices.
• Demonstrated ability to critically analyze complex situations and to prepare comprehensive reports on a variety of subjects.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, judgment and decision making skills.
• Able to think and act strategically, and exhibit discretion where required.
• Proven leadership, management and team building skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop staff and promote a positive and healthy work environment.
The annual salary for this position is $124,651 to $145,800 and comes with a comprehensive benefit package.
For more information and to apply by April 1 2019, please visit our website at www.lennox-addington.on.ca
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelManagement
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time01.04.2019 23:42