Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Director, Corporate Services/City Treasurer is responsible for directing the Corporate Services Department, which includes Finance and Legislative
Services/Clerks Division. As Municipal Treasurer, the Director is responsible for the financial well-being of the
Corporation through budgeting and debt control and providing sound financial investment/policy advice to the CAO and Council.
Desired Qualifications and Experience·
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Local Government, Business, Accounting or another related discipline and a CPA designation
- 10 years of municipal experience in a senior financial management position with extensive knowledge of municipal financial accounting and auditing
- Member of the following organizations: Municipal Finance Officers Association (MFOA); Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasurers (AMCTO); Ontario Municipal Tax and Revenue Association (OMTRA); Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Extensive knowledge in municipal applications, financial computer systems and /or an integrated accounting system as well as Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and guidelines established by the Canadian Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants and Public Sector Accounting and Auditing.
- Knowledge of financial planning, analytical skills and techniques, management accounting and audit and financial controls to direct the performance of the corporation.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time26.02.2020 21:17