Reporting to the Commissioner Corporate Services & Treasurer, the Director Construction, Energy & Facilities Management is responsible for providing management and strategic direction for the effective service delivery of a portfolio that includes construction and project management of new builds; energy engineering services; property maintenance; and facilities operations and planning. This portfolio of work supports corporate departments as well as some boards and agencies of the Region.
Education & Knowledge
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction/Project Management or directly related fields
- An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be considered.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ of experience in progressively responsible facilities management related roles in a medium to large, multi-site operational setting.
- Significant experience with long-range planning, project management, process engineering and design for large complex projects
- Project Management Professional Certification designation (or willingness to obtain upon hire)
- Eligibility for registration as an Engineer with the Professional Engineers of Ontario, or a registered Architect with the Ontario Association of Architects preferred
- Member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), actively participating in the provision of leadership, strategic and business planning and corporate administrative decision making for the Region.
- Establish the vision and strategic objectives for Construction, Energy and Facilities Management to enable the organization and division to achieve organizational goals through the strategic business planning process.
- Direct facilities maintenance and operations activities including custodial, grounds, preventative maintenance programs and emergency repair for Regional facilities and equipment including the building envelope and architectural systems, mechanical and electrical systems and equipment and utilities.
- Accountable for medium to long range people resource planning for the division, determining ideal organizational structures, identifying desirable role and skill mix requirements and ensuring ongoing work quality and deliverability of results.
- Develops, manages and administers annual and multi-year Capital and Operating budgets for the division, ensuring support of Council’s objectives, financial transparency and accountability, budget adherence, identifying and explaining variances and financial reporting is effectively managed in compliance with corporate financial policies.
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges…..today!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than January 17, 2020 before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at www.niagararegion.ca job posting #25124.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time17.01.2020 16:42