The Municipality of South Huron invites applications for the full-time position of Deputy Treasurer reporting to the Director of Financial Services/Treasurer. The Deputy Treasurer is required to perform all statutory duties of the Deputy Treasurer as outlined in the Municipal Act.
The Deputy Treasurer is responsible for providing accounting and financial services including the preparation of regular financial reports, preparing financial analysis and statistical information to the Director of Financial Services/Treasurer. This position provides supervisory duties of finance positions within the finance department.
The ideal candidate must have:
- University Degree or College diploma in accounting, finance or business administration, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA) is an asset;
- Progressive experience in municipal government with at least 5 years in a Treasury Department;
- Supervisory Experience;
- Designation as a Certified Municipal Officer or AMCT is an asset;
- Extensive knowledge of the Municipal Act, Municipal Property Tax Legislation, and other relevant federal and provincial legislation;
- Knowledge of Asyst (USTI) software and Microsoft Office Suite is an asset;
- Ability to work in a public environment with a high level of confidentiality and attention to detail, political astuteness, tactfulness, and with a firm knowledge of municipal government processes;
- Good customer service skills and ability to communicate orally and in writing;
- Strong organization skills to effectively complete/deliver and prioritize assigned tasks and responsibilities within established time lines; and
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
Hours of Work: 35 Hours per week
Salary Wage: $79,825 – $93,893
For full details please visit our website: southhuron.ca.
Please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 3:30 PM on March 20th, 2020 by email to:
Rachel Anstett, Human Resources Coordinator
Municipality of South Huron
322 Main Street South
P.O. Box 759
Exeter, ON N0M 1S6
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used for candidate selection purposes only. Accommodations are available upon request for all parts of the recruitment process.
- Offered Salary$80,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time20.03.2020 21:07