The Township of East Garafraxa requires a motivated professional to assume the responsibilities of Deputy Treasurer. Reporting to the CAO/Clerk-Treasurer, the Deputy Treasurer is responsible for the coordination and supervision of municipal finance functions, which includes cash receipts, accounts payable and receivable, property tax billing and collection, payroll, capital assets and development charges.
- A minimum three years relevant experience in municipal administration, preferably in a Deputy Treasurer role.
- Good knowledge of municipal finance, taxation, budget and revenue generation processes and reporting requirements
- Formal training in accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, payroll and financial reporting.
- Post Secondary degree in accounting/business and/or accounting designation or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of purchasing, tendering and contracting
- Extensive practical knowledge of municipal/public administration processes
- Working knowledge of payroll and benefits administration and related legislative and regulatory framework
- Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency using Excel and Keystone preferred
- Working understanding of applicable Provincial and municipal legislation, regulations and policies (ie., Municipal Act, Municipal Finance Act, Assessment Act, Municipal Tax Sales process, OHSA, Workers Compensation Act, and Ontario Employment Standards Act.)
The Township of East Garafraxa offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Salary Range $35.60 to 38.55 per hour (37.5 hour week).
If you would like to become part of a dynamic organization, please submit your resume and cover letter, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Township of East Garafraxa Administration Office
Susan M. Stone, CAO/Clerk-Treasurer
374028 6th Line Amaranth, ON L9W 0M6
For more information about our municipality and a more detailed job description please visit our visit our website at www.eastgarafraxa.ca Closing date is November 15, 2019 at 4:30 p.m. and can be transmitted either by email or in person before the closing time.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for further screening will be contacted. Personal information received in response to this posting will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment and handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Offered Salary$50,000 - $100,000
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience2 - 5 Years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time15.11.2019 22:45