The Township of Amaranth, a rural municipality located in Dufferin County, containing some of the best farmland in Southern Ontario, invites applications for the position of Deputy Treasurer. Reporting to the Clerk-Treasurer, the Deputy Treasurer is responsible for the coordination and supervision of municipal finance functions, which includes cash receipts, accounts payable and receivable, property tax billing and collection, payroll, capital assets and development charges.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum three years relevant experience in municipal administration, preferably in a Deputy Treasurer role;
- Good knowledge of municipal finance, taxation, budget and revenue generation processes and reporting requirements;
- Formal training in accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, payroll and financial reporting;
- Post Secondary degree in accounting/business and/or accounting designation or equivalent experience;
- Understanding of purchasing, tendering and contracting;
- Extensive practical knowledge of municipal/public administration processes;
- Working knowledge of payroll and benefits administration and related legislative and regulatory framework;
- Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency using Excel and Keystone preferred;
- Working understanding of applicable Provincial and municipal legislation, regulations and policies (ie., Municipal Act, Municipal Finance Act, Assessment Act, Municipal Tax Sales process, OHSA, Workers Compensation Act, and Ontario Employment Standards Act).
The Township of Amaranth offers a competitive compensation package including OMERS and an attractive benefits plan. Salary range $32.36 to $36.31 per hour (37.5 hour week)
Please submit your resume and cover letter, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Township of Amaranth
Mark Potter, Clerk-Treasurer
374028 6th Line, Amaranth, Ontario L9W 0M6
The closing date is January 10, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. and can be transmitted either by email or in person before the closing time.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Township of Amaranth is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Personal information will be used to determine eligibility for potential employment and is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time10.01.2020 12:12