The Township of Algonquin Highlands with a permanent population of 2,000 and a seasonal population exceeding 10,000 is known within Central Ontario as an area of natural beauty where residents enjoy a rural lifestyle second to none.
The Township is seeking applications from experienced, qualified persons for the Deputy Treasurer position. Reporting to the Treasurer, the Deputy Treasurer position is responsible for various financial functions of the Township, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Tangible Capital Assets.
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education, with a discipline in finance or accounting, or related combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of Municipal Finance and Accounting course(s).
- Successful completion of the Municipal Administration Program preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of previous Municipal experience and understanding of local government finances.
- Working knowledge of Municipal taxation.
- Strong knowledge of generally-accepted accounting principles.
- Current working knowledge of payroll regulations included in the Employment Standards Act and other applicable law.
- Proficiency in computer applications (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Township-specific programs).
- Excellent interpersonal, financial, project/time management, organizational, analytical and communication skills.
Wage Range: $29.43 – $33.12/hour (2019 rate) (35 hours/week)
This full time position would also be eligible for a comprehensive benefit plan.
The Township of Algonquin Highlands is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process, upon the request of the applicant. Please advise in advance if you require accommodation. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used only for candidate selection.
Visit our website at: www.algonquinhighlands.ca for the full job description.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 3:00 p.m. on Monday, March 23, 2020 to:
Jean Hughes, Treasurer
Township of Algonquin Highlands
1123 North Shore Road
Algonquin Highlands, ON K0M 1J1
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience3 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time23.03.2020 15:35