The Township of The Archipelago, a geographically unique municipality, encompassing a large part of the 30,000 Islands stretching outwards from along the shore of Georgian Bay, is seeking a Deputy Treasurer. With offices in Parry Sound, the Township serves a permanent population of less than 600, with the vast majority of it 2700 households being seasonal properties.
The Township is seeking an experienced professional to join its team as Deputy Treasurer. Reporting to the Treasurer and CAO, the Deputy Treasurer will be responsible for a wide variety of financial functions.
The preferred candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Completion of a post secondary education in accounting, business or finance
- CPA designation or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in accounting (municipal preferred)
- Skilled in current software programs including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to meet deadlines, function well under pressure, pay attention to detail and respond to frequent challenging demands.
The Township has a competitive compensation and benefits program which is currently undergoing a periodic external review.
Please click here to view a full job description.
Confidential applications are to be directed to the CAO, not later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 19th 2020, at:
Township of The Archipelago
9 James Street
Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 1T4
We thank all candidates in advance, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Township of The Archipelago is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations will be provided upon request in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Personal information is collected in confidence under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for the purposes of the candidate selection.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time19.06.2020 16:30