Halifax Regional Municipality is inviting applications for a permanent position of Deputy Municipal Clerk within the Office of the Municipal Clerk. The Deputy Municipal Clerk will be a highly organized self-motivated individual who is able lead a team of professionals to assist them in achieving excellence in service delivery to Council, Community Councils and the Committees of Council of HRM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in agenda review with the Agenda Review Committee to review the agenda and items for the meeting of Council and provides feedback, in the absence of the Municipal Clerk, approves preparation of agenda and minutes;
- In the absence of the Municipal Clerk, assumes the role of Municipal Clerk at meetings of Regional Council ensuring that the all procedural aspects of Council procedures run smoothly and adhere to Administrative Order 1- Council procedures and the HRM Charter;
- Under the direction of the Municipal Clerk, coordinates the Public Appointment Process for Committees and Board recruitment;
- Liaises and communicates with elected officials, CAO, Deputy CAO, General Managers, Directors, senior staff, agencies, boards and commissions with respect to matters related to meetings of Regional Council, Community Councils, Boards and Committees;
- Provides advice and direction to business unit staff, boards and committees on policies, procedures and processes related to applicable legislation and administrative orders;
- Assists the Municipal Clerk/Manager in developing/revising policy and procedures related to the roles of the Clerk to Council and the role of the Legislative Assistants;
- Supervises the work of the Legislative Assistants (5) and Legislative Support (4);
- Ensures the recommendations of Council, Community Councils, Boards and Committees are clearly and accurately reflected to Council Attends meetings of Council;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Public Administration, or related field;
- Minimum of five years’ related experience in municipal administration preferably in a supervisory role, with a demonstrated ability to lead of team of professionals;
- Obtained or willing to obtain designation in a recognized provincial or national association involved in municipal administration.
Status/Hours: Permanent, Full time – 35 hours/week Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
SALARY: M2, Non-Union ($67,670-$87,870)
CLOSING DATE: Applications will be received up to midnight on August 19, 2019.
Full Job Posting/How to Apply: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25749&siteid=5764#jobDetails=597092_5764
MUNICIPAL WEB ADDRESS: www.halifax.ca
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time09.08.2019 17:57