Reporting to the Clerk Treasurer, the successful candidate will provide support and assistance to the Clerk Treasurer in the performance of all statutory duties in accordance with the Municipal Act and other applicable legislation. The primary role of the Deputy Clerk Treasurer includes administration in the areas of records management, financial, human resources and payroll. A job description for this position is available at www.mcmurrichmonteith.com under “Public Notices”.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Progressive experience in municipal government.
- Knowledge of the Municipal Act, Municipal Elections Act, Planning Act and other relevant legislation.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and ability in Payroll, Human Resources and accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and ability to maintain discretion in a confidential environment with a high level of attention to detail.
- Political astuteness, tactfulness, with a knowledge of municipal government processes and parliamentary procedure.
- Effective inter-personal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in related discipline and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
This is a full-time position, offering a competitive wage, OMERS and benefit package.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence by 4 p.m. on Friday, October 25, 2019 to the attention of:
Cheryl Marshall, Clerk-Treasurerclerk@mcmurrichmonteith.comTownship of McMurrich/Monteith
31 William Street, P.O. Box 70
Sprucedale, Ontario P0A 1Y0
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. The Township of McMurrich/Monteith is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for this completion.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOfficer
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time25.11.2019 18:12