The County of Prince Edward is an island community on the shores of Lake Ontario with a proud United Empire Loyalist heritage. Boasting beautiful beaches and a unique rural landscape, the County offers serene country living. Our strong agricultural roots, thriving tourism attractions, renowned regional cuisine, and growing wine industry combine to offer a unique and unmatched quality of life.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Deputy Clerk. Reporting to the Municipal Clerk, the Deputy Clerk will provide analytical research, technical and administrative support to the Municipal Clerk and Council, as well as, statutory duties of the Clerk required under the Municipal Act. The Deputy Clerk also performs the duties of the Deputy Returning Officer under the Municipal Elections Act.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completed Post-Secondary education in Public Administration, Political Science or a suitable combination of education and related experience;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in municipal government preferably within a Clerk’s Department;
- AMP or AOMC designation from the Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario (AMCTO) is preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Provincial legislation and regulations including the Municipal Act, Municipal Elections Act, Planning Act, AODA and MFIPPA;
- Excellent organizational, public relations, research, written and verbal communication, report writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent customer service skills and a proven ability to work as part of a team;
- Proven ability to utilize a variety of software packages including MS Word applications, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and electronic records management systems (previous experience with TOMRMS is an asset).
The current annual rate of pay for this position is $63,875 to $77,614 as per Band 3 of the Non-Union By-Law. Compensation also includes a comprehensive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please direct your application prior to 4:00pm on April 6, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.
- Offered Salary$60,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience3 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time06.04.2020 15:37