The Municipality of North Grenville is accepting resumes from interested and qualified candidates for the position of full-time Deputy Clerk.
The Deputy Clerk acts as the Clerk in the absence of the Clerk, in accordance with the Municipal Act. In addition the position provides assistance to the Director of Corporate Services/Clerk and Council through the CAO’s office and administrative support to Municipal Committees.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Post-secondary education in Public Administration or equivalent is required
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of experience required
- AMCTO Municipal Administration Program (MAP), equivalent desirable or willingness to obtain
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills combined with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance diverse, changing and conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong team and leadership abilities
- Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment required
- Ability to assist in the administration of sensitive information with all levels of municipal staff and government agencies
- Ability to think and act strategically in a political and community service environment, and to foster and contribute to a positive and productive work environment
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office applications, office equipment, agenda management, presentation and database software, and Web-based including all social media applications, GIS and related mapping applications would be an asset
The 2019 annual salary range for this position is $57,457 – $71,817 and is based on a 35 hour work week. A complete job description is available at www.northgrenville.ca/careers.
Your resume and references must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. Wednesday January 22, 2020 to:
Christa Stewart, Human Resources Manager
Municipality of North Grenville
285 County Road 44, Box 130, Kemptville ON K0G 1J0
Telephone: 613-258-9569 x 167 Fax: 613-258-9620
The Municipality of North Grenville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act will only be used for candidate selection.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time22.01.2020 14:00