The Township of Laurentian Valley is known throughout the Upper Ottawa Valley as an area of distinct charm and natural beauty. Residents enjoy a rural lifestyle second to none. Laurentian Valley is experiencing significant growth as it continues to capitalize on its strategic location in Renfrew County.
Under the supervision of the CAO/Clerk, the Deputy Clerk provides analytical research, technical and administrative support to the CAO/Clerk and Council, as well as, statutory duties of the Clerk required under the Municipal Act, 2001. The Deputy Clerk also performs the duties of the Returning Officer under the Municipal Election Act.
The Deputy Clerk also researches and coordinates special projects as requested by the CAO/Clerk. Attends all Council Meetings, ensuring all support information is available and acts as recording secretary and prepares the minutes.
- Post-Secondary education in business or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a municipal environment is considered a strong asset.
- Must possess strong analytical, research and report writing skills.
- AMCTO designation/courses would be considered an asset.
- Municipal Election Experience would be an asset.
- Working knowledge of iCompass and TOMRMS would be considered an asset.
Please forward your detailed resume with covering letter (in MS Word or PDF format), referencing “Deputy Clerk” by Monday, March 9th at 2:00 p.m. to Dean Sauriol, CAO/Clerk at email@example.com or by mail to 460 Witt Road, Pembroke ON K8A 6W5.
For a full job description please visit our website at www.lvtownship.ca
The Township is committed to providing a barrier free workplace. If accommodation is required during the selection or interview process, it will be available upon request. This job posting is available in an accessible format upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelEntry Level
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time09.03.2020 11:44
Related Jobs (1)
- Program Manager, Customer Service and Customer Experienceon April 16, 2021Contract