Reporting to the Town Clerk, the Deputy Clerk assists in fulfilling the statutory duties of the Clerk as identified in the Municipal Act, 2001, and other related legislation. The Deputy Clerk will have direct interaction with Town Council, and provides procedural advice and administrative support to Council and Committees, prepares agendas and minutes, develops and maintains by-laws, and assist with Elections. The Deputy Clerk is responsible for coordinating the information governance/records management function, corporate accessibility, Freedom of Information (FOI) requests, all licensing programs, and customer service.
The Deputy Clerk will have an impact across the corporation providing project leadership through cross functional teams. The Deputy Clerk will ensure transparency by establishing standard operating procedures, developing consistent corporate policies and bylaws.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Degree or Diploma in Public Administration, Municipal Administration or a related field.
- Completion of AMCTO Municipal Administration Program (MAP) or the Certified Municipal Officer (CMO) designation is an asset.
- Five (5) years of progressive municipal experience, preferably in a municipal Clerks office with at least three (3) years’ experience at a supervisory level or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and statutes including the Municipal Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Municipal Elections Act, and other applicable statutes and regulations.
- Sound knowledge of municipal administration, privacy, municipal elections, corporate records/information management, and parliamentary rules.
- Demonstrated proficiency with electronic applications for agenda management, records management and elections.
- Political acuity and organizational skills to effectively manage interactions with various internal and external contacts with tact and discretion,
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to coordinate and manage workloads and concentrate on work requirements under pressure to meet competing deadlines.
- High level of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of application and resume outlining their qualifications and experience by email no later than January 21, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. to the attention of Harry Schlange, Chief Administrative Officer at email@example.com. Please quote the position title in the subject line.
A detailed job description can be found on the Town of Grimsby website: www.grimsby.ca/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Grimsby is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please contact the Office of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time21.01.2020 13:43