The Town of Aylmer is a progressive and growing urban centre strategically positioned in the heart of Southwestern Ontario. Aylmer services a primary market of over 20,000 from the East Elgin County area and a secondary market of over 500,000. Aylmer is a growing community with a population of approximately 7,500. Community spirit and a rich history describes our hometown hallmark. A vibrant industrial park and unique commercial compliment the thriving residential base.
The Town of Aylmer is seeking applications from experienced and qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Clerk/Communications Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Legislative Services/Clerk, the Deputy Clerk/Communications Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support to the Clerk, CAO and Council. This includes the preparation of agendas, minutes, and by-laws.
The Deputy Clerk/Communications Coordinator will assist with ongoing maintenance of the records management system, preparation and advertising of public meetings and hearings, and develops/coordinates media relations to promote programs, events, and community initiatives. This includes the development and maintenance of a communications plan, a social media policy and management of the Town’s social media.
In the absence of the Director of Legislative Services/Clerk, the position will act in the capacity of the Director of Legislative Services/Clerk and perform all statutory duties of the Director of Legislative Services/Clerk in accordance with the Municipal Act and other legislation. This position will assist in performing Vital Statistics functions, ie death registrations and marriage licensing.
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completion of diploma or degree in public administrations, political science or related field or equivalent experience.
- MAP, AMCT, CMO or other similar designations would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of three years administrative experience, preferably in a municipal legislative services or related department.
- Experience in assisting with a municipal election, municipal records management or municipal communications would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- A working knowledge of municipal level parliamentary practices and general statutes governing municipal operations in Ontario.
- Experience in a digital environment with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Great Plains (or related software) and iCompass Meeting Manager (or related meeting management software).
Salary Range: $55,000.40 – $66,830.40 (35 hrs/week)
In addition, the Town of Aylmer offers a full employee benefits program and OMERS retirement plan.
Confidential resumes will be accepted by Human Resources until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 15, 2021.
The Corporation of the Town of Aylmer
46 Talbot Street West, Aylmer, Ontario N5H 1J7
A copy of the complete position description is available from the Town website at http://www.aylmer.ca/index.php/HumanResources/EmploymentOpportunities or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Aylmer will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known disability for an applicant or employee if requested. Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicant.
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience3 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time15.01.2021 16:30