The Township of Amaranth, a rural municipality located in Dufferin County, containing some of the best farmland in Southern Ontario, invites applications for the temporary position of Deputy Clerk. Reporting to the Clerk-Treasurer, the Deputy Clerk position provides support and assistance in the performance of the statutory duties required under the Municipal Act and other related acts. The primary role includes preparation of council agendas, minutes, by-laws and administration in the areas of records management, licensing, vital statistics, and cemeteries. The Deputy Clerk fills the statutory role of the Clerk in their absence, and is the Deputy Returning Officer for municipal elections. For more information about our municipality visit our website at www.amaranth.ca.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Successful completion of the AMCTO Municipal Administration Program. Other courses as sponsored by AMCTO would be an asset;
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in municipal administration;
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel;
- Strong keyboarding skills;
- Previous Municipal Election experience;
- Knowledge of TOMRMS an asset;
- Knowledge of Keystone an asset;
- High level of ownership, initiative, accountability and strong customer service skills required;
- Ability to work irregular hours, depending on meetings;
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently;
- Ability to effectively communicate to the public, and staff at all levels of the Corporation;
- Demonstrate attention to accuracy and detail, in a time sensitive environment;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize workload, to problem solve and to adapt to frequent interruptions and change;
- Political astuteness, tactfulness, with a knowledge of municipal government processes and parliamentary procedure;
- General knowledge of the Municipal Act, Municipal Elections Act, The Planning Act, MFIPPA, Commissioners for taking Affidavits Act, Cemeteries Act, Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and Robert’s Rules of Order is considered an asset.
Salary range $32.36 to $36.31 per hour (37.5 hour week)
Please submit your resume and cover letter, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Township of Amaranth
Mark Potter, Clerk-Treasurer
374028 6th Line, Amaranth, Ontario L9W 0M6
The closing date is January 10, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. and can be transmitted either by email or in person before the closing time.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Township of Amaranth is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Personal information will be used to determine eligibility for potential employment and is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time10.01.2020 12:15