Located within the rolling hills of Northumberland County and bordered by Lake Ontario in the South and Rice Lake in the North, the Township of Alnwick/Haldimand is seeking a Deputy Clerk for a 6 month contract. This contract may be extended after the 6 months.
- Reviews and evaluates existing policy documents prepared by senior levels of government and maintains an awareness of administrative developments within the Township;
- Provides support services to Clerk function including by-laws, by-law consolidations, agendas and minutes, and ensures the confidentiality of all information in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 1990;
- Provides support with Records Management;
- Acts as Deputy Registrar of Vital Statistics and manages the vital statistics functions by recording all births and deaths occurring in the Township, issuing burial permits, and transmitting all statistical information to the Province as required by the Vital Statistics Act, 1990;
- Acts as Deputy Issuer of Marriage Licenses and manages the issuance of Marriage Licenses in the Township pursuant to the Marriage Act, 1990;
- Acts as Lottery Licensing Officer and manages the Municipal Lottery License process by reviewing, approving and issuing lottery licenses, under the direction of the Acting Clerk;
- Attends meetings of Municipal Council, Council Standing Committees, Committees of Council and provides support services as required by the Acting Clerk;
- University Degree or College Diploma in Public Administration, Political Science, Business Administration, or related field of study;
- Completed, or is working towards, CMO (Certified Municipal Officer) and/or AMCT (Accredited Municipal Clerk and Treasurer);
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the Municipal Sector;
- Knowledge of related legislation such as the Municipal Act, 2001; Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 1990; Elections Act, 1990; Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005; Ontario Heritage Act, 1990; Drainage Act, 1990; Planning Act, 1990; and Vital Statistics Act, 1990;
- Excellent conceptual, interpersonal, communication, analytical, organizational and time management skills, sound judgment, and computer literacy;
- Ability to work with personal information and maintain strict confidentiality.
The 2020 Salary Grid range is, $58,034.00 – $68,130.00.
Please forward your detailed resume with cover letter by Friday, November 27, 2020 to:
Attn: Carol James
P.O. Box 70, Grafton ON K0K 2G0
905-349-2822 ext. 26
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Hiring will be conditional based on a successful Criminal Reference Check.
The Township of Alnwick/Haldimand is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that accommodations are available, upon request, to support prospective applicants with disabilities when applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please e-mail your request to email@example.com or call 905-349-2822. Alternative formats of this job posting are available upon request. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection Privacy Act, the information gathered is collected pursuant to the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended.
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience3 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time27.11.2020 16:30