Do you enjoy applying your research and analytical skills to complex issues? Do you have a passion for serving the public? The County is looking to fill our Deputy Clerk position with the Clerk’s Department.
The County is one of Ontario’s newest Designated Viticultural Areas. Residents and tourists enjoy artistic and cultural events and activities including food, music, arts festivals and wineries/breweries. The County has been recognized by major publications for its innovative economy, communities and culture.
Reporting to the Municipal Clerk, the Deputy Clerk will provide analytical research, technical and administrative support to the Municipal Clerk and Council, as well as, statutory duties of the Clerk required under the Municipal Act. The Deputy Clerk also performs the duties of the Deputy Returning Officer under the Municipal Elections Act.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completed Post-Secondary education in Public Administration, Political Science or a suitable combination of education and related experience;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in municipal government preferably within a Clerk’s Department;
- AMP or AOMC designation from the Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario (AMCTO) is preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Provincial legislation and regulations including the Municipal Act, Municipal Elections Act, Planning Act, AODA and MFIPPA;
- Excellent organizational, public relations, research, written and verbal communication, report writing and presentation skills;
- Excellent customer service skills and a proven ability to work as part of a team;
- Proven ability to utilize a variety of software packages including MS Word applications, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and electronic records management systems (previous experience with TOMRMS is an asset).
The current annual rate of pay for this position is $64,540 to $78,421 as per Band 3 of the Non-Union By-Law. Compensation also includes a competitive benefit package. Please direct your application prior to 4:00pm on March 5, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.
- Offered Salary$60,000+
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience3 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time05.03.2021 16:00
Related Jobs (1)
- Program Manager, Customer Service and Customer Experienceon April 16, 2021Contract