Reporting to the Chief/Director of Emergency Services, the Deputy Chief—Clinical Programs is responsible for the development and maintenance of infrastructure to ensure regulatory compliance, system performance monitoring, quality assurance and improvement programs for the County of Renfrew Paramedic Service.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures, guidelines, standards, and plans; conducting clinical research and program development, performance-based management, ongoing assessment and management of organizational liability and risk, as well as cost-effective delivery of prevention and education/training programs in order to ensure the delivery of accountable services, and provide operational support to the Emergency Services Department.
This position has responsibility and supervision over the portfolios of finance and accounting; professional standards and development; stake holder relations and engagement; statistics, community relations, as well as clinical leadership over field paramedic response, and the Community Paramedic Response Program. These roles are interchangeable with the roles and responsibilities of the Deputy Chief—Operations, as required. Additional information about the County of Renfrew Paramedic Service, and its respective programs can be accessed at: https://www.renfrewparamedics.ca/
- Post-secondary education in health, public, business administration, leadership or equivalent education and experience.
- Eligible, within six months of hire, for certification as an Advanced or Critical Care Paramedic in the Province of Ontario.
- Minimum of five years related experience in the management of paramedic services, or equivalent; with extensive experience with methodologies utilized in performance-based emergency response systems.
- Access to efficient reliable transportation and a valid unrestricted Class F, or equivalent drivers’ license.
- Knowledge of Paramedic Service Logistics including purchasing, procurement, asset management, facility management, base-hospital systems, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Paramedic Service benchmarking and standards as well as risk and cost analysis, research, survey development, budget and control development regarding the clinical programs portfolio.
- Familiarity with evidence-based research and practice methodology.
- Knowledge of all governing legislation including Ambulance Act, Highway Traffic Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Ministry of Health policies, procedures, guidelines and specifications related to Ambulance dispatch, base hospitals, equipment supplies, vehicles, base stations, and Provincial Air Ambulance Services.
- Must have strong management, supervisory, leadership, and policy development and implementation abilities.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
Compensation: $93,747—$106,979 per annum, plus comprehensive benefits package.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time28.02.2020 11:46